Friday, September 16, 2011

Homecoming Festivities

Homecoming festivities have been happening all week, starting with the dance last Saturday. Today was the grand finale!

The Girlzies decorating banners for their float.



Decorating the float.



Josie - our new fantastic drill coach! We still miss Nat way bad, but we're very glad to have Josie!!!



Our Senior Girlzies! Bre, Kelli, Megan, Ky, Taylor. (Amanda not pictured)


Jayd. Homecoming Miss Congeniality! We sure miss her congenialityness :) on Drill!!)


OK. So, the parade was at 4:00 after school & Garet has just finished running at XC practice. He was still at the school as the kids were lining up for the parade, but I couldn't talk him into going to watch it with me. So, feeling sorry for myself I went to watch the parade - all alone :( Next thing I know... the kid is ON A FLOAT!!! That was a fun surprise!!! He told me afterwards that they just decided at the last minute to hop on the float. He was going to call me & tell me, but he though it'd be fun to surprise me. And it was way fun to see him in the parade!!!! I love that kid!


The Freshman float was fun, divided down the middle with the "Y" fans standing on one side and the "U" fans standing down the other side!!! Garet was standing on the blue side of course (even though he was wearing red...)


Here's my favorite Girlzies in the whole wide world!!!

Yes, we all got rained on!


Then our Girlzies all got nummy dinner!! YAY!!


The Cheerleaders ate with us too. AND we sat amongst each other.


A gaggle of Girlzies! I really love this gaggle!


Drill team presenting the flag at the football game.



(Karlee standing just to the right of the flag pole!)


Dancing @ half-time.




Oh ya...the homecoming football game...the rainbow brought us good luck! We whooped Ben Lomond 49-0!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment