Karlee and I finished all the last minute errands, and packing, and she was ready to head off to school in the morning. I think she was REALLY quite nervous to actually move out to start her own life. Karlee said she just wanted it to be the two of us tonight, snuggling in front of a movie. We are pretty close for a mother and daughter, and I have LOVED every second of that. I am definitely going to miss those good snuggles. Anyways, she and I were snuggled up for about 10 minutes when the next thing we know a herd of girls (and Kyle tagged along too) came down the stairs.
What awesome friends Karlee has. I love each and every one of them so very much. I love (in no particular order) Mikaela, Meg, Morgan, and Tori. They will always, always have a special spot in my heart!!! And I guess they had all been asking Karlee to come to them tonight, but she told them no. I believe her excuse was because she had too much to do and had to get up early in the morning. I think Karlee even turned down a few boys for me too. Probably the last time that will ever happen, but I'll take it :) Your friends love you, Karlee, so VERY much! You remember that and remember they are there for you!I know I'm going to miss Karlee. So very much. But I have to honestly say that I am so very proud of the young woman she has become. She is virtuous, intelligent, fun, beautiful (inside and out) and strong. She has overcome so many hardships, sadness, and difficult situations thus far in her life - some of which she has actually brought on herself with her hardheaded drive for excellence, but other difficult situations of which she had no control over - but regardless, she has overcome them all and is a stronger person for it! She is amazing and she will excel and surprise us all with what she is going to do in her life. I love you, Boo, and miss you already!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment